Personal Data Protection Policy
Zhai Pte Ltd adopts a pragmatic approach in our business conduct.
Zhai Pte Ltd collects Personal Data only for what is required in business or in activities conducted by our organisation and will properly destroy the Personal Data once there is no business or legal purpose for retaining it. We do not collect Personal Data randomly or indiscriminately without purpose.
Zhai Pte Ltd does not disclose your Personal Data unless prior consent has been obtained and we have administrative, physical and Information Technology (IT) security measures to protect your Personal Data.
This does not affect any rights which Zhai Pte Ltd may have at law in connection with the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
1.0 Your Personal Data
1.1 “Personal Data” as defined in the PDPA refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. Examples of such Personal Data which you may provide us include, but is not limited to (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- Your name, NRIC number, passport number or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email addresses and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us (i.e. job application forms, etc.), or in our other forms of interaction with you;
- Information about your use of our websites and services, including cookies, IP addresses, email subscription and membership details (where applicable);
- Your Curriculum Vitae, employment history, testimonials and referrals, previous drawn income, education background, medical history and disabilities and legal and bankruptcy history (if applicable); and
- Your payment related information, such as your bank account details (where applicable).
2.0 Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, Zhai Pte Ltd collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you submit an online order
- When you create your customer profile
- When you submit a request for us to contact you;
- When you subscribe or ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our promotions and other marketing and publicity initiatives;
- When you respond to our market surveys;
- When you submit a job application or a scholarship application;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason; and
- When you browse our website.
2.2 If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the consent of that third party for the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data for the purposes set out above.
3.0 How do we use Personal Data and to whom may we disclose it?
3.1 Zhai Pte Ltd’s is collecting Personal Data for the sole purpose of shipping.
3.2 Your Personal Data will be protected and kept confidential, but subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may, depending on the products or services concerned, be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Any third party delivery business partners who offer shipping
- In the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving Zhai Pte Ltd
- Zhai Pte Ltd’s professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority;
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and obligations;
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers; and
- Any other party as may be consented to by you, as specified by that individual or in the applicable contract.
Zhai Pte Ltd requires that third party organisations which handle or obtain Personal Data, such as service providers to Zhai Pte Ltd, acknowledge the confidentiality and sensitivity of this personal data, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the PDPA. Zhai Pte Ltd also requires that these organisations use this information only for limited purposes which have been agreed upon and follow Zhai Pte Ltd’s reasonable directions with respect to this information.
4.0 Keeping Your Personal Data Accurate and Up-To-Date
4.1 Zhai Pte Ltd endeavours to ensure that Personal Data stored by us is accurate and up-to-date. Zhai Pte Ltd also understands that Personal Data may change frequently, such as changes of address and other personal circumstances. As such, Zhai Pte Ltd encourages you to contact the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your Personal Data. Incomplete or outdated Personal Data may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
6.0 Third-Party Sites
7.0 Storing of Personal Data
7.1 We will safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data, whether you interact with us personally, by telephone or mail, over the Internet or through forms of other electronic media. Where we no longer require any Personal Data that we hold, that Personal Data would be destroyed or have particulars or information which may identify individuals removed.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and encrypted with appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, Zhai Pte Ltd cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
8.0 Access Requests and Withdrawal of Consent
8.1 Please contact us via email@example.com should you wish to have access to or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data.
Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and / or disclosure is requested. If you withdraw your consent to any or all purposes and depending on the nature of your request, Zhai Pte Ltd may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you.
9.0 Management and Security
10.0 How to contact us
10.1 If you have any questions about this Policy or any complaints relating to your Personal Data, or you would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records (for which we may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving and copying any material requested), please contact the designated Data Protection Officers for the respective business units as follows:
Zhai Pte Ltd
11.0 Review of the Policy
However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of the Websites, and some of the functions and services may not be able to function without cookies. This may also impact your user experience while on our Websites.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit our Websites.
Depending on the type of cookies, they may store user preferences and other information.
When you interact with us on our Websites, we may collect for the purposes of analysis statistical information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of users, their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Websites and common entry and exit points into and out of the Websites.
We use such statistical information to understand how people use our Websites and to help us improve their structure and contents. We cannot identify you personally from this information.